Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Seriously? SERIOUSLY????!

What the fuck is up with all of the 'Bella gets kidnapped and brutally raped' fics????

I know that the whole idea is to take our beloved Canon characters and weave our own tales, but Jesus Christ ENOUGH with these types of abuse fics!

I know there was one fic where everybody and Charlie was raping Bella and that one was deemed so offensive that it was removed from fanfic.

Over the past few months I have read about 6 fics where the theme was Bella gets kidnapped and raped by James/Felix/Demitri. The worse part of these fics is that after Bella was kidnapped/raped the FIRST time, she escapes/is rescued and then goes on to live as normal a life as can be expected after something that traumatic happens to you. This ideal lasts for TWO FUCKING CHAPTERS before Bella is kidnapped/raped AGAIN by the same perpetrators who attacked her the first time!!!! What. The. Fuck.

The worse part is that you've spent so much time reading the fic getting into the story that BOOM, it hits you and you're torn between 'fuck it, I quit this bitch' and 'damn it, I've spent all this time reading it and now I want to see the story through to the end'.

I think it should be MANDATORY for all fics where there is any type of sexual abuse to be tagged as such and have a disclaimer warning in the fucking description to let me know UP FRONT. That gives me a choice as to whether I want to read it or not.

Seriously, I just can't anymore.

Dazz

1 comment:

GodricColliegirl said...

It driving you wacky? This is one of the many reasons I don't read Twilight fics anymore. I mean I'll catch the occasional one but this is a common them and plot line so yeah.

Good luck, there is still PLENTY out there I can assure you.

Chris